Browse F.A.Q. Topics
Our complaints procedure:
If you’re unhappy with the advice you receive, or other aspects of our service please follow the steps outlined below.
1. Please let your financial adviser know so we can act on it immediately.
2. If your adviser has not satisfactorily resolved your complaint, please contact Walker Capital Private Wealth on Telephone: (02) 8076 2210.
If after speaking to us or your financial adviser, your complaint is not resolved within five (5) business days, please write to:
Compliance and Professional Standards Manager
Walker Capital Private Wealth Pty Limited
Mail: Level 57, 19-29 Martin Pl, Sydney NSW 2000
3. If your complaint isn’t resolved within 45 days or to your satisfaction, then you may refer the matter to the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA):
Telephone: 1800 931 678 (free call)
In writing to: Australian Financial Complaints Authority
GPO Box 3, Melbourne VIC 3001
AFCA provides fair and independent financial services complaint resolution that’s free to consumers.
Time limits may apply to lodge a complaint with AFCA, so you should act promptly. You can check the AFCA website to find out if a time limit applies or when the time limit relevant to your circumstances expires.
Consultum holds professional indemnity insurance that satisfies the requirements of section 912B of the Corporations Act. This insurance also covers the conduct of our advisers who were authorised by Consultum at the time of providing the advice but are no longer authorised representatives of Consultum at the time of your complaint.
How will I pay for the service?You may pay us a fee. Alternatively, we may receive a payment called commission, which is paid to us by the financial product issuer(s). Our fee and commission schedule is contained in Part 2. If we give you personal financial advice we will give you a Statement of Advice containing details of our fees and any payments made to us by a financial product issuer(s).
What information should I provide to receive personalised service?We will ask you to provide us with a list of your personal objectives, details of your current financial situation and other relevant information, so that we can offer you the most appropriate advice possible. You have the right not to tell us, if you do not wish to. However, if you do not, the advice you receive may not be appropriate to your needs, objectives and financial situation. You should read the warnings contained in the Statement of Advice carefully before making any decision relating to a financial product(s).
What type of financial products does Ellerfield provide advice on and deal with?
- Basic Deposit Products;
- Non-basic Deposit Products;
- Non-cash Payment Products;
- Government Debentures, Stocks or Bonds;
- Life Products – Investment Life Insurance Products (including funeral bonds, endowment policies, allocated pensions and annuities);
- Life Products – Life Risk Insurance Products (including term life, total and permanent disability, trauma and income protection);
- Managed Investments Schemes, including Investor Directed Portfolio Services (IDPS);
- Retirement Savings Account Products;
- Securities; and
What type of advice does Ellerfield provide?
- Wealth Accumulation;
- Wealth & Asset Protection;
- Retirement Planning;
- Estate Planning;
- Social Security;
- Debt Management;
- Aged Care
How do I know if Ellerfield is a reputable business?Ellerfield was established in 1990 and has grown into one of Australia's largest privately owned financial planning businesses. We have over 3,500 clients around Australia and Internationally; operating from five office locations. Our advisers and business also abides by strict licensee standards (rules) that protect our clients and ensure they enter into financial strategies that are safe and appropriate. These standards have stood the test of time through many different economic environments. All of our advisers have relevant qualifications and experience. You can also do an ASIC search on each adviser to verify they are licensed.
Who is my adviser?
Scott MckeownAuthorised Representative (AR) number is 297028
David WeirAuthorised Representative (AR) number is 33110